The Story of our trip to Spain

The Story of our 2011 trip to Spain, By Coach

Sunday 8 May 2011

Spain 2011, Day Nine / Ten

Time to go home, we had to be up early to be out of our room for 09:30 and leave the room clean to get our £20 deposit back.  We left our bags at reception and went for a walk along the seafront for on last time, it would be at least 11:00 before the bus to take us home would arrived.

After the walk we stopped off at the campsite pool bar for a full English breakfast, for lunch, that should see us well into the trip home.

Big Breakfast

I was not feeling that good again, so Dot and the others brought the bags over to the pickup point, while I sat in the sun.

When the bus arrived most of the other waiting picked up their bags and were trying to get on the bus before the new arrivals had even got off, how thick are these people. So after the bus was empty and cleaned, we got the same seats as we had on the way down and so did all the others.

We did move to better seats with more legroom and away from an annoying kid, who had been a nuisance most of the way out.

I felt a lot better on th bus and was trying to take photos through the winnows, unsuccessfully, and eventually the camera batteries ran out.  Just as we entered France though, I came over unwell again, this lasted all through the night and and into the morning in England, I was quite worried for a while. Then at the first service area in England it was gone as quick as it came and I felt well again and wanted a bacon sandwich, something I had watched the others eat, early morning in France.

Then is was the long drag back through England.

Sleep

In Middlesborough we had to change to a minibus for the last few miles to Hartlepool, I asked the driver if he could drop me and Dot in Billingham on the way past.  He said no, so I said we would just get a taxi from there then, at that he changed his mind. We got dropped about a mile from our house and Dot walked up for the car while I sat with the bags.

Will we go on the bus again, of course we will, if we get another bargain.

3 comments: